Banner Background and Red Eyelet Dress of the Day 782 - with a jacket dressed like a teacher!
I was the General Evaluator at HOD Speakers club in London. UK. They said they did not have time for a group photo. So I took one of myself by the banner.
When taking photos with a banner, the photographer must make sure that the subject is at one side and not obscuring the name of the organization and venue. You may wish to take a couple of photos, or three, left, right, and centre, for use in different places. You might use the photo in different places. For example, to promote the club, or show the subject and the subject's clothes.
As a General Evaluator, next time I shall advise the club whose meeting I am evaluating to add photo taking to the end of the first half of the meeting before the break. That means you do not forget to take the photo. You do not miss out on the photo because the meeting is running late and you need to vacate the room. Your photo does not miss on anybody who leaves at break time or leaves early., but includes all those at the first half of the meeting.
Where To Wear Name Badges
Once my name badge was pinned on my jacket on arrival, I did not want to remove the jacket. So the dress neckline stayed hidden. I preferred having the badge pinned on my jacket, rather than the thinner more delicate cotton dress. Pinning the badge on my jacket reduced the risk of spiking myself as I attached the badge.
Wearing Versus Removing A Jacket
I could have taken off the jacket when I sat down. Then, when standing up to speak I would look neater. I would also be more svelte in a photo.
However, that meant moving, the badge, changing over the badge to the dress. And getting the jacket off the chair at the end of the meeting. At the end of the meeting I don't want to have to stop to put on a jacket. I don't want to risk leaving it behind. Or to delay those tidying the room by replacing the chairs against the wall. I am busy gathering up my clipboard and pen into my tote bag, and my mobile phone into a bag or pocket. And saying hello and goodbye to people. And finding the person giving me a lift home.
Pale Blue Jacket
The pale blue jacket has handy pockets. For my pen or mobile phone.
However, the blue jacket is hiding the neckline of the dress, the interesting and elegant neckline.
Red eyelet dress. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.Red Eyelet Dress
Brand Roman, size 12. The pattern is solid fabric circles, outlined with small circular eyelets edged with stitching, and another eyelet in the centre of the circle with a wide circle of long stitches around the centre.
Neck Adornment
The neck has two rows of beads on the front. Nearest the neckline is a concertina of fabric in a u-shape semi-circle.
Then a row of beads. First a cut glass design bead, flat underneath. On either side of it a long bead in pinky-red then a square bead.
The label says romansoriginals.co.uk . However, I found roman.co.uk Roman singular. Not romans.
Their sale included broderie tops starting at ten pounds, and red broderie dresses around forty to forty five pounds. Several of them are in multiple colours including red.
The lady who gave me a lift home (American say ride) asked what I did for a living. I said, "I am a semi-retired English teacher - and an author."
She laughed and replied, "I thought you looked like an English teacher!"
Keeping the jacket on made me look like an English teacher. Teachers are extraverts and wear casual clothes, loose clothes, and some teachers wear bright colours to be noticed.
If I had taken off the jacket to show the dress, with one colour, and a slimmer outline, I would have been more elegant and looked less like a teacher.
Useful Websites
Similar beaded neck dress for ten pounds on ebay, and many more roman dresses
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353991492381?
Long red dress with similar neck on ebay
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/314684783630
Many more dresses with beaded necks from Roman on ebay.
https://www.roman.co.uk/broderie-tiered-smock-dress-14117178
https://www.roman.co.uk/broderie-detail-bardot-top-19063738
HOD and other Toastmasters
https://www.toastmasters.org/Find-a-Club/00002326-hod-speakers-club
https://toasrclub.org/portaltmaste
https://toastmasterclub.org/clubdata.


Comments
Post a Comment