Mirror View Caftan, Anthony Sicari label, creating a twin effect, Outfit dress of the day 791

 

Angela Lansbury wearing caftan by mirror, creating a twin effect. Photo by Trevor Sharot. Copyright.

I went to have my picture taken, realized I was against a mirror and moved away. Then I discovered that the doubling effect was very interesting, unusual and memorable.

At first glance there is a doubling effect. Like a twin. 

The nearest, the real me, is larger, and looking forwards. On second glance, in the mirror. I am looking in another direction, almost in profile.

I am showing only one foot. So the nearest picture, the real me, is showing the right foot. The mirror image seems to be showing the left foot.

Caftan
Anthony Sicari. From the USA. Bought second hand or pre-loved as the Americans say so positively, via Ebay. Full length. I cut off the hem because I kept tripping over it. I now have a long matching infinity scarf, or belt. The fabric is synthetic but feels good.

Dark Blue Cape Blazer Jacket
This style does not seem to have the perfect name. Mango called it cape blazer, but had an outfit like a blazer, with padded shoulders and a lining and a heavyweight material and a boxy appearance, with a swing. With a big button and buttonhole on the front like a blazer this style would not slip off.

However, the Shein version is only one thickness. It looks more like a cape, with slit sleeves, thin, lightweight, does not meet in the front so it slips off. This style is sometimes called open front.

Please share links to your favourite blog posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pearl brooches on hat paired with M & S sweater with pearls. Dress Post 686 by Angela Lansbury

Stripey Red & White Socks, thigh high, and tights - outfit 679 by Angela Lansbury

Inspection of Collection, M & S Dress poem Plus PACKING LIST, Post 739 by Angela Lansbury.