Seen on the London Scene: pink cowgirl hats, post 579
Pink and blue cowgirl hats in London seen in a street near Bond Street. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.
I was about to label this picture, three cowboy hats. Then i thought, pink for girls. Looking closely at the picture, I see not three, but four. pink, cowgirl hats. On the right is one, pale blue, cowgirl hat.
The central girl has cowgirl boots. How do I know that they are cowgirl boots? They have a V cut at the back. The soles are flat with the raised flat heels.
The three nearest girls are wearing dark blue, denim, below the waist. Shorts tell you that it is summer, hot weather.
You can buy cowgirl hats from Western wear shops and party shops online. I found very cheap hats from party suppliers. But, be warned, the hats were lightweight, which was good for my head, as well as for packing. However, they came poorly packed and sometimes got squashed and could not be restored to look pristine.
Does pink symbolize something? Some people think it is feminine. Others think it is feminist.
You can find half a dozen styles online from amazon, Shein, Light in the box, Temu and others. They are plain, one size, with sequins, and more. You can add a ribbon hatband to match any colour outfit.
That hat has a wide brim. The crown has triple dents, running front to back with a larger dent in the centre.
The Hatband
The hatband, in theory, can be used to tighten the crown. In practice, it provides decoration.
The Hat Strap
I attach an elastic hat strap to stop the hat falling off or slipping sideways.
Useful Websites
Amazon
Shein
Light in the box
Temu
https://www.temu.com/uk/rhinestone-metal-crown-cowgirl-hat-pink-y2k-sun-hat-trendy-jazz-fedora-cap-lightweight-travel-beach-hats-cowboy-hats-g-601099514281005.html
Please share links to your favourite posts.

Comments
Post a Comment