Post 273 Travel Outfit for chilly France - how to pack for all seasons and events

Socks and Sandals

 In France I wore two pairs of socks, The long socks were an accident. I did not expect to wear them except rolled down. i just grabbed them at the last moment because I wanted a pair of socks. 

They were a blessing in two ways. 

1 They were long and an extra layer of warmth. I could wear them under or over a pair of short socks. 

2 I thought they looked odd. However, a lady at the table behind me, with her back to me, turned and said to me, "I like your colourful socks!"  We quickly became friends and exchanged phone numbers.

I wore adjustable sandals to fit over the double socks.

I had no tights. Then I discovered, leftover from my trip to Thailand, very thin rayon trousers. I wore them in lieu of tights. Leg covering. Another layer of warmth. 

Skirt and Slip

I wore a long red skirt. Underneath I wore a long black half slip.

How could I cover my legs? I had brought no tights. I had to cover my legs. I found  my black swimshorts, 

Tops, Tee-shirts

 On top I wore two tee-shirts. The short sleeved red one from Primark. 

A white blouse would carry me though to an evening dinner at a smart restaurant. 

Hats

For my head, I needed a hat. The bobble or pom pom hat I bought in a supermarket, from a child rack. 



On top of it I wore a white scarf-hood. I made it by sewing two items together.


On top of that I wore a hooded blue jacket. The hood zips off.

Gloves

Finally, gloves. I had three odd gloves. The black ones made a pair.


The warm jacket was an accident. I was wearing it in London and thought it would be a mistake. It was a blessing.

I followed rule one.

1 Always pack a swimsuit, even if your hotel has no pool. 

2 tke a long sleeved night dress in case your bedroom has chilly air conditioning.

I had not followed my own advice, which is, 

3 Always pack one warm outfit even when travelling to a hot country. 

-ends-

Please bookmark . Share with friends and family links to your favourite blog post.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pearl brooches on hat paired with M & S sweater with pearls. Dress Post 686 by Angela Lansbury

Stripey Red & White Socks, thigh high, and tights - outfit 679 by Angela Lansbury

Inspection of Collection, M & S Dress poem Plus PACKING LIST, Post 739 by Angela Lansbury.