Red, White and Blue Holiday Dress (label Swarna) Post 351


Angela Lasnbury wearing a red, white and blue holiday dress. Photo by Trevor Sharot.


Holiday Buys
This red, white and blue dress was bought on a previous holiday. I only wore it once or twice because I bought it towards the end of the holiday. Besides, one of the reasons for buying soething new on holiday is to have something new to wear.

Now, on a second holiday, the dress has a second outing. Even though I am with some of the same people, they may have forgotten the dress. I had forgotten it!

Advantages Of Thin Fabric
The cotton is very lightweight, thin. Takes up little room in the suitcase. 

The Colour Scheme
The white effect of the bodice is summery. Blue and red gives me a choice of accessories for co-ordination and different looks.

Sleeves
The sleeves are long enough to protect from draughts and sun, but light enough to push up.

Belt
I particularly liked the two half ribbons at the waist. They act as a belt and add a bit of shape. I remember looking at a rack of dresses, mostly simple tunics. I chose this one because of the belt.

For a hot day, you might wear it as a short dress. But I am now in a cool mountain in Spain. I have teamed it up with a thick red skirt in the evening to make it knee-length, actually over the knee, calf length. My favourite red skirt.

I could tuck the dress inside the skirt to make a top matching the skirt. The fabric of the dress is light enough not to be bulky under the skirt.

Something old, something new (when cordinated differently, something blue. That's the saying for dressing a bride. But it works for me.

The Label
The label is Swarna.
 
Useful Websites

Please share links to your favourite photos and posts.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

Period Pants from Marks & Spencer & More, post 345

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291