Black top dress with pockets. Label Moyabo, my second bargain dress with pockets, post and outfit number 361

 

Angela Lansbury wearing her second Moyabo dress with pockets. Photo by Trevor Sharot.

I loved my previous Moyabo dress. I had searched for a dress with pockets. I was hungry for pockets, after a red dress from Shein left me anxiously waving my two hands around my waist, hunting for non-existent pockets, like two bereaved mothers.

The first Moyabo dress I bought had a navy blue top, and a flared skirt printed with white flowers, with pale brown accents. Whilst I am not keen on pale brown, I matched the brown accents on the dress pattern with a pair of pale brown sandals. I also found a pair of sandals with blue.

Angela Lansbury wearing her first Moyabo dress with lantern sleeves and larger flowers pattern. Photo by Trevor Sharot. Copyright.

I loved the lantern sleeves. The elastic at the wrist kept the sleeves neat. Also the handy elasticated cuffs kept well out of the way when washing up dishes, washing your hands, doing anything.

I wore the dress most days on holiday. When I got home, the fabric had balled. Horrors. I'd only had the dress less than a month. I could not afford the money or time or space to buy a new dress every month. How about a repair, renovation?

I used a razor to remove most of the balls. I thought that must have made the fabric thinner and reduced the life of the garment. I considered buying a second one. But the same style within a month seemed excessive, and a waste of space. Why not buy another colour?

I looked on ebay again. And online and Amazon. I went back to ebay to my original seller. Unfortunately, first there were no other colours I liked. Strange prints, dull colours, irritating patterns. 

Secondly, the price kept bouncing up.

Again, I looked on both Ebay and Amazon and on the net in general for the label Moyabo. Lots of items, quite different styles, and mostly much higher prices.

I was suffering from excessive spendthrift buyer's guilt. I could not justify to my family more clutter and expense.

The Second Moyabo Dress

So, when I saw a similar style I kept it in my website cart. I didn't buy it. The white flower pattern on the skirt was too similar to my previously bought dress. 

However, it was slightly different. Finding nothing else similar, despite hours of searching for lantern sleeves and pockets, and cheap dresses, as well as Moyabo, I eventually ordered the other style,

It turned out to be from a different seller. I tried to remember the names. You can save favourite sellers in Ebay. The first seller had a name which sounded like a variation on Laura. It was lauryyytea2022. The second seller was uk-top-deals. To find the sellers again quickly, I went to ebay, my ebay, purchase history.

The Fabric

When my second dress arrived, neatly folded, I was jubilant and cut off the hanging label. Then I lifted up the dress. I was immediately disappointed. The fabric of the top seemed stiff, thick and stiff, not the soft fabric of the skirt. Also, the fabric was a different colour to the skirt.

Later, next day, I tried the dress on, ready to go out. The neck was different.

The Neckline

The neck was a scoop neck, not as nice. Too large. That was because I had ordered a big size. I do that for three reasons. When I was plumper, sometimes the upper sleeves were too tight. The entire outfit bodice or skirt might be too tight, feeling constraining, showing a fat tummy which my husband commented on. Yes, I could wear an elastic undergarment, but that is hot and tight.

Frumpy Frill

It also had a horizontal seam half way down the skirt. The seam was a cheap looking gathered wide frill.

I preferred the previous dress's the long skater effect. The skater effect makes me look taller. It is neater.

The sleeves were not too tight. But the sleeves did not have the elegant, unusual, lovely soft flare of the lantern sleeves.

However, I wore it out for the evening. The stiffness of the fabric did not notice when I wore it. The skirt still felt soft when I was sitting and had my hands in my lap or smoothed the dress over my knees to adjust it.

Good value for the price. It had the desired pockets. I shall still keep a lookout for a Moyabo lantern sleeved dress with pockets in another colour at the same bargain price.

Adding Warm Colour Accessories

Black is bold, bolder than navy. Funereal. Needs softening colour.

I went out to give a speech at a Toastmasters International meeting. I usually like to wear red when giving a speech. Red is good for me, my mood. Red is lively. It keeps me awake and alert.  It gives me confidence.

Red looks good for the audience. Also when I am likely to be photographed at a meeting

I tried adding a patterned, or red and black red jacket or shoes or boots, or scarf. That made too many colours and patterns. No red clothes.

But I was wearing red lipstick. So I painted my nails red and opted for red sandals. (It was pouring with rain, so red boots would have been better than red sandals. But boots would not look right with the light, summery, flowered, dress, too heavy.)

You can see the effect. Good enough. 

When I took off the new dress, I checked the washing label to find out the fabric. The dresses were different fabrics.

The second dress is not so bad that I would send it back. I liked the pockets. Perhaps I shall find other accessories which look good with the dark colour dress and enhance it.

But I still want to buy a variation on the first Moyabo dress which had lantern sleeves. I still prefer the both the design and the fabric of the first dress.

Useful Websites

Type in clothes, dress, lantern sleeves, pockets, or the label, or the supplier.

amazon.com

ebay.com

Sellers on ebay

lauryyytea2022

uk-top-deals

Please bookmark and share links to your favourite posts.

See my previously bought Moyabo dress which is on post 349.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

Period Pants from Marks & Spencer & More, post 345

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291