Red and gold colour pendant Post 358


Red and gold colour pendant. Pendants by Martine Meyer. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

 My new pendant cost ten pounds. I bought it at an art show in Finchley, north west London. I saw the display table.

The Material

 The material is glass. I asked Martine how she made them. She said, "I bake them in a kiln."

Baked in a kiln  means on high heat. I retorted, "I'll leave that to you!"

I could string beads on elastic myself if I had the time and energy and skill. But dealing with hot and needing a kiln, or to visit one, that is a whole extra dimension. I shall leave that to other experts.

Red Colour

I looked at all the pendants. Which one suited me?

 I chose the one which had red to enhance my plain red Shein dress. The red will also go with my lipstick, and red accessories such as shoes. 

Orange and red means it goes with two colours of warm colour clothes.

Support

The pendant's support is a light weight and effectively colour orange fabric. Not a ribbon. Not a string. What would you call it? 

I feel the ensemble of pendant and fabric  is sinple enough for daytime wear. Yet sparkly enough with the gold for the evenig. 

How To Match It?

A matching bracelet and ring would have been nice.I already have a red bracelet which I bought in Spain. But it has round beads.  

I remember at one time I decided to stop buying oddments of jewellery, and only to buy three piece sets.Necklace, bracelet and ring. Or necklace, ear-rings and bracelet. Why? To look more co-ordinated and sophisticated. Save time, when dressing. (And money.) I had forgotten that idea.. 

The Size, Shape and Design

Out of so many designs, why did I pick this one?

I do not want jewellery which is too big nor too small. The size is just right. 

I prefer circles and ovals to diamonds, square, oblongs, angles, points. However it is slightly rounded. I suppose the long pendant echoes the shape of my nose.

Useful Information

Pendants by Martine Meyer.

She plans to develop a website and more information soon. If she contacts me, or I find her online, I shall add an update to this post.

Pendant Desiger and maker

Martine Meyer.

Please share links to your favourite posts.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

Period Pants from Marks & Spencer & More, post 345

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291