Orange and black Shein dress with orange jacket 377

Orange and black Shein dress worn by Angela Lansbury. Copyright Angela Lansbury.

I bought the dress and co-ordinating orange jacket together for my summer holiday. When I was notified of sale items I searched for dress and matching jacket. I really wanted a long dress and elegant matching coat, at under twenty pounds. Most of them were just a bit beyond my budget

 I bought a couple of them, not in the colours I wanted of red or pink or orange. The were not in my price or not in my size. So I opted for blue and purple. Then this popped up with a shorter jacket in orange and I was tempted and succumbed.

The dress was long for me. So long that I would have tripped up. Luckily I had tried on all my outfits as I packed, and seeing that I needed a belt, I found A wide black belt. I packed a long black ribbon, which I could tie in a bow. But it was more inclined to slip than a proper belt. Even though I did not have time to sew two belt retaining loops, nor alternatively risk slitting the side vertical seams, or cutting two slits, the wide belt stayed secure.

The Jacket

The jacket can be worn two ways. Hanging loose. Might look longer. Make you look taller.

Tied Top



If you tie it together, some would find that neater. The top looks shorter. Tighter. It might make you look slimmer.

The Label

Shein. Chinese. They have masses of clothes. A metoerite success story.  The name is not Shein as in German wein, but a combinaton of she and in.

 I am very happy with my choice. I received two or three compliments.

Please share links to your favourite posts.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

Period Pants from Marks & Spencer & More, post 345

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291