Rainbows: hat, tee-shirt and wallet - outfit dress of the day 370

Angela Lansbury wearing rainbow hat and tee-shirt. Photo by Trevor Sharot.

Rainbow hat
Bought July 2024 online.
The hat reverse to black to be less conspicuous or to go with other outfits. The style is called bucket shape. Brimmed.
 It needs hat elastic sewn on to stop it from floating off in a gust of wind, or looking down over water or a steep drop.
The hat pattern is vertical stripes. The brim has horizontal stripes.
Although the stipes do not do the way way as the tee-shirt's horizontal stripes, I think they go well together.

Rainbow tee-shirt.
 Bought July 2024 online. 
On the zippered see-through plastic bag is a small label which says Mixed colour Made in China. XL.

The garment neck has no label. The washing label reveals the fabric, 95 %polyester, 5% elastane,
The colours are not the traditional rainbow colours, pastel colours, but vivid red, orange, yellow, green, blue and more grey than voilet  I wrote grey. (American spelling would be gray). 

The top is comfortable to wear, lightweight and stretchy. 

It doesn't hang particularly well. I had to get it straight around the neck to show off my necklace, Maybe that is because I bought the tee-shirt a size too large, so the neckline is wide. I bought large to be sure the sleeves  and tunic body would be wide enough. 

The stripes are not quite horizontal because I stand slightly dipped to one side. I've noticed that I am not the only one. A lot of people are noticeably higher on one side. Either born that way, injuries or posture.

However, the bright colours are so cheerful that I feel happy and glamorous. Verdict. A good buy.

The Happy Wallet
The wallet is pink on the outside and striped inside. I have turned it to go with the outfit theme of rainbow stripes. 
The brand is Happy House. This is shown by the logo on the outside back. Also a symbolic house icon on the tag attached to the inside zipper pull. .And embossed on the blue zipper pull.
American say zipper and I have got used to saying that. The word is so similar to the British word, zip.

I did not buy it new. I was dumpster diving as the American say, in Singapore. The outside was dirty and it was thrown away. The inside was clean so I resolved to save it and clean it up. That took a lot of effort and time. It went into storage. I found it again in 2024 just after buying my rainbow items above. 

The Skirt
The skirt label says Principles. Size 18, European 46. Made in China.

Hat and Ring in rainbow colours
I ordered from Temu.com



Politics
Rainbow items appeared prominent in London an a day of demonstration by supporters of PRIDE. Now the rainbow appears on clothes widely available, and lots of choice on political sites.
I worried whether my rainbow clothes would be seen as a political statement, about my sexuality or implying that I was looking for a same sex partner. Or Lesbian or transgender. Or active in politics. I would say that I am a conventional person. I neither actively support nor actively oppose any political party. But I do not oppose my friends from doing so. In that sense I am a rainbow person. My friends and y clothes are all colours. I wear red, blue, green and rainbow colours. Red makes me blend in well at Christmas and Chinese New Year. but also wear red all year simply because I like red. 

On a historical note, rainbows have been a symbol of peace for centuries, including hope and thank you during the Covid lockdown.

If you are prepared to spend about 20 or thirty pounds on a wallet with a rainbow theme there are some on Etsy.

Useful Websites
temu.com
The seven colors of the rainbow and Newtons discoveries during the bubonic plague lockdown
https://morningstaronline.co.uk/article/f/political-spectrum-how-we-imagine-rainbows
Coronavirus rainbows for schoolchildren
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-51988671
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temu
Please share links to your favourite posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

Period Pants from Marks & Spencer & More, post 345

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291