Red Dress of the day 386 with Angela - and amaizng double buttons blouse

 

Angela Lansbury the author wearing a red reversible dress 386. Photo by Trevor Sharot.

The Red Dress

The red dress is reversible. When I first had it, in summer, I wore it sleeveless. I wore only the patterned side because the plain side was boring and showed creases.

Now that it is autumn I am wearing a co-ordinating blouse with a pattern, so I am wearing the plain red so as not to have two crowded and clashing patterns. 

I cannot find any label inside the dress. I have several of these reversible dresses. They are useful for light and tight packing and travelling for a trip of only one week or fewer days. 

I once wore three reversible dressed on a train journey from London to Wales for the long weekend. I had just one wheel-along bag containing my heavy books and a spare pair of shoes for day and evening.

This reversible dress has one unusual feature. The side seams are split up to knee height for easy walking. That also looks sexy and seductive. 

Under Slip

To fill in the side slit I wear a loose under slip, a half slip. This is black if I am wearing dark aaccessories or a black jacket or longer waterproof mac. I wear white slips to look more summery and to go with white shoes or mixed colour choes, white and some other colour. Or a white belt, or a white necklace.

Linking Ribbon

The unusual feature is a small horizontal ribbon bar of the same or similar fabric in the same colour, also matt material. This is on both sides of the dress, left and right. It attaches the two pieces of the dress, the plain colour and the patterned reverse.

The Polkadot Blouse

The background colour is red, with black polkadots and tiny black pinpoint dots in between..

The blouse label says Melya Melody Paris. 

Buttons

The buttons are flat silver, the same size as the polkadots, shirt button size.All down the centre front are pairs of buttons, two vertically, with matching buttonholes. Four pairs. Eight in total. V neck effect, so new shirt nor collar buttons.

The buttons are small, the usual shirt button size. They have a semicircular metal loop at the back to sew them on with matching red cotton.

Each cuff has one button. No spare buttons.

After I took it off, I looked all over it on both sides to see if there was a spare button. None inside. But one on the right sleeve. Hey! I know what that must be for! I checked inside the sleeve. Sure enough, there is a hanging ribbon with a button hole, enabling you to pin the sleeve up shorter. That is cooler in summer. It keeps sleebes, cuffs, out of the way when washing up. It looks interesting, or makes a change for you and onlookers if you are on holiday and wearing it twice. 

The buttons are gold. Not matching the ribbon trim.

Silver feature

A very thin silver ribbon is horizontally across the shoulder joining the straight back and the slightly gathered front.  Why is the front gathered? I suppose it must be to allow extra fabric for the bust, or movement when stretching and reaching.. 

Melody Company. When you log on they ask you to sign in to see prices. To order from them you must spend a minimum of 100 Euros and you get 5% off the delivery charge. 

Melya Melody is a wholesaler. I got my blouse from St Lukes hospice charity shop in London, England.

The Sandals

Red. I wear two style of hook and loop sandals.  Open toe. Adjustable.

Useful Websites

https://parisfashionshops.com/en/women/brand/melya-melody?p_cat=women-clothes-skirts

Please share links to your favourite posts.

You might also like to look at my other posts, and my books on Amazon and Lulu.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

Period Pants from Marks & Spencer & More, post 345

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291