Winning outfit at speech contest dress of the day 395

 


Angela Lansbury, atuhor and speaker, receiving a certificate for being first placce in both the humorous speech and table topics (impromptu speeches) contests, 

I was a contestant at Harrovians speakers' club, a Toastmasters International club, at two contests on Monday September 30th 2024.

Dating Photos Accurately
I was going to write just the month and not bother with the specific date. Then I decided to be accurate, in case I ever needed the exact date. I changed my mind.

I am glad I did. I was captioning the photo and extending the write-up in October, but the contest a few days eaarlier was not in October, but on the last day of September.

That shows how it pays to be accurate and detailed. You can see how easily dates and numbers can be noted incorrectly. 

Dressing For A Contest
When dresing for a contest, as on other occasions, you have to consider the comfort and mood of the wearer, the formality and importance of the occasion, and the effect on the near and far audience, and the photo from close-up and at a distance.

The Red Skirt
The red skirt was important to make me feel awake and lively and confident at the contest. The Humorous Speech Contest requires you to speak for five to seven minutes. The red keeps me bright and happy and smiling.

I matched the skirt with the top of a pinky red suit which has little sequins. I could have worn the top with its matching skirt, but the effect is not so vibrant. 

The White Blouse
The white contrasts with the reds. White also reflects light onto the face and frames and draws attention to the face. The white of the blouse reflects the white of your teeth and eyes and looks clean.

Holding the Certificate

The Background
Behind me is the cross of the Baptist church which was our venue. 

Please bookmark and share with friends and colleagues the links to your favourite or useful posts.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to repair a torn Mark & Spencer slip and make the hem wider, Post 294

Period Pants from Marks & Spencer & More, post 345

What to wear for a funeral? A black funeral coat from Marks & Spencers Outfit 291