David Hayes Suit with scarf. White with purple collar outfit 462
A Suit With A Scarf
I was searching for Anthony Sicari suits with scarves on ebay. Then I tried suits with scarves, without specifying the label. Up popped this delightful skirt suit.
I found two outfits with the label David Hayes, which was new to me. Both were from the same seller. Both suit were on the small size. The skirt was likely to be too short or tight or both. The same goes for the jacket. But the tie scarf at least would be attractive and instantly wearable. I bought one outfit, the cheaper one. I was going to wait until it arrived and see if it fitted. Days went past. I began to worry that the other outfit had sold to somebody else. I hunted on the internet and could not find it. Please, please, I begged the universe. The universe obliged. The item was still for sale. Never mind the price. I bought it.
I cannot find anything else with this label. I am glad I bought both outfits. If you are handy at sewing, or matching up scarves and skirts and jackets and blouses, my experience might give you ideas.
White Skirts
You are not seeing the matching skirt because I did not wear it to lunch. I was afraid of spilling something which would stain the white skirt. I always used to be wary of white skits and jackets and did not buy them. Yet, I would buy white blouses.
The scarf is protective. It protects the jacket or blouse. You can usually reverse a scarf if it gets stained. Or pin on a brooch.
I have tied the tie like a school uniform tie, the way I learned to do it when I was at school in the UK. In those days, the Fifties and Sixties, every schoolchild in the UK wore school uniform.
Brooches
I think the collar would be better without the distraction oh the two differently shaped and differently coloured brooches/
However,. the red brooch was a gift from my son and daughter-in-law, so I wanted to wear it.
My first thought was that the red brooch would go well with a red outfit. This was true.
I tried the brooch on a red Angthony Sicari evening jacket. But the red brooch was not noticeable. Red on red. No contrast.
The White Three Piece Outfit
Besides, I wear red a lot. I wanted to wear the white and purple David Hayes outfit. As it has such a lot of white, I would not want to wear it travelling. It would pick up stains - in venues where I had no access to a tap to wash it instantly. So I wanted to wear white at home, when I had the opportunity.
Saving Clothes For Special Occasions
I could have saved it for a special occasion. This was a special occasion. A postponed birthday party because one of us had been ill.
If not now when? I am in my seventies. So is my husband. we have two reverse plane trips planned. If I don't wear my lovely suit now, I might never get to wear it.
So I compromised. I wore the jacket and the matching scarf tied like a tie. Also the brooch.
I have planned my next two outfits with these items. I shall wear the jacket with purple labels, without the brooches. To display the red brooch, I shall wear it on white or red or black.
Lessons Learned
1 Select the jewellery to go with outfits in advance, to avoid last minute clashes.

Comments
Post a Comment