Brighten rainy days with polka dots and a brolly. Dotty, Spotty, Anthony Sicari top.Dress of the Day 553

 

Angela Lansbury wearing her 'new' vintage dotty top, label Anthony Sicari.

Photo by Trevor Sharot.
Cropping, by Angela Lansbury.



The Anthony Sicari Top
I love Anthony Sicari outfits. They look elegant. The sleeves' arms are wide enough at the shoulder to always feel comfortable.

The Cuffs Which Help Hide The Wearer and What's Worn
The cuffs are knitted and wide. So thay grip your wrists. They cover a multitude of sins, as the saying goes.You can hide underneath the sleeve and cuffs, a non-matching blouse or long sleeved thermal vest. 

Hide brown age spots. Hide wrinkled arms. Hide fabby arms. Hide prominent veins. Hide bruides. 

Hide scars and bandages from a uicide attempt. (Not me, but the daughter of somebody I know - she wore lace gloves to dinner to hide the bandage on one arm.) 

Hide a watch whose coloured strap doesn't match. Hide a valuable watch which you want to hide when out in public. 

Secure a bracelet which might break or fall whilst travelling.

The Colour
The colour of the Anthony Sicari top is navy, almost black. On my computer screen it looked royal blue. So I was slightly disappointed. 

Accessory Umbrella By Angela
I looked for a white, navy, black or red umbrella. The first thing which came to hand was the perfect match. Not a white umbrella with black dots, which is what I imagined and typed. Actually a black umbrella with white dots.
It goes perfectly with the top.

Red
I am wearing red lipstick. The red and black boots add a touch of colour but do not distract too much. I could have worn red nail varnish. But white seemed right.

Searching For Pretty Patterns
I typed in the word dots and up came Polka dots. The websites which were at the top were Shein, Temu and Marks & Spencers. Shein had a huge range of colours, including brown dots or red dots.

The word spotted or spots came next. That brought up the websites of Dorothy Perkins. Coast. Next. Amazon.

Umbrellas With Polka Dots
A search for umbrellas with polka dots brought up another huge choice of suppliers. Umbrellas from under ten pounds. Simple folding umbrellas, rather flat when opened, might blow inside out, wear out, but convenient to carry. 
Bigger umbrellas offer better cover. The style is more of a statement.
 If you are keen to pay more to get a distinctive fancy umbrella, pagoda shapes with rising pointed centres, called snake effect!

Polkadot Accessories
You can paint fingernails in polkadot patterns. Start with red or black or white nail polish. Add dots.
The polka dot top I bought from ebay. 
My top has dots in different sizes. 

Matching Man
You can buy or make a tie for a man. Or use a bail of cloth to make a mother and baby or mother and child matching outfit 

Useful Websites
ebay.com
https://www.wikihow.com/Accessorize-a-Polka-Dot-Dress
Please bookmark and share links to your favourite posts.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pearl brooches on hat paired with M & S sweater with pearls. Dress Post 686 by Angela Lansbury

Stripey Red & White Socks, thigh high, and tights - outfit 679 by Angela Lansbury

Inspection of Collection, M & S Dress poem Plus PACKING LIST, Post 739 by Angela Lansbury.