Elsa from Frozen - tied and tidy ponytail. Style of the season, by Angela Lansbury. Post 759.

 I first saw this style of ponytail worn by a mother at a soft play centre in Mill Hill. Post 744.

Then I saw it again, worn by an entertainer dressed as Elsa from the film (Americans say movie) Frozen, for a five-year-old's birthday party.

When I looked it up in Wikipedia I could not find it under hair styles. I eventually found pictures under the word ponytail. When I was a child a ponytail was usually what was described in Wikipedia as a high ponytail. Ponytails from the nape of the neck were more discreet, more usually a style preferred by men.

When I looked in Wikimedia Commons I found the same picture again of the style I was trying to track down and name, this time with the words tied ponytail. 

Notice six hair ties or bands, all different colours.

Picture from Wikimedia Commons.
Description
English: Tied ponytail
Deutsch: Haargummizopf
Date
SourceOwn work
AuthorStilfehler

I have at last discovered how to give the photographer credit quickly. Instead of trying to copy the name and get the spelling right, you simply copy the entire box.

Here's the picture the first time I saw the style. Post 744.

Long Tied Ponytail on Mother in Mill Hill, London, England. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright. 

So now I know what to call it. I can ask for my hair to be done in this tied ponytail style. Or for a wig in this style. Or style a doll's hair in this style.

|Useful Websites

I saw one wig with a separate wig cap supplied on Amazon at £29.99. You add your own ties to make the tied ponytail style. Read the reviews. One customer bought a wig headband to keep it in place. Wearing it all day constantly requires more comfort than having it on quickly for a photo at a fancy dress party or photo booth accessory for a party. 

You can buy hair of all types. Real hair might be more comfortable or realistic, if you wear a wig for religious reasons, or to cover hair less, or temporary hair less during cancer treatment.

Depending on the wearer's age, height, and style preferences, you might choose hair of different lengths.

Hairdressing Dolls

You can also buy dolls and doll head and shoulders with fixed, embedded hair, or a bald head assorted wigs, for different skin shades, eyes, ages and appearances. 

Useful Websites for Elsa and long blonde wigs.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yuehong-Cosplay-Weaving-Rapunzel-yuehong/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pearl brooches on hat paired with M & S sweater with pearls. Dress Post 686 by Angela Lansbury

Stripey Red & White Socks, thigh high, and tights - outfit 679 by Angela Lansbury

Inspection of Collection, M & S Dress poem Plus PACKING LIST, Post 739 by Angela Lansbury.