Pink, Parigi Dress & Jacket. Too Small - Solutions
I was looking for dress and jacket sets on Ebay. (As well as Temu and Shein.)
I ended up with three outfits like the ones I already had from Temu and Shein. Plus a Parigi pair.
The Parigi Name
The Perfect Pink Colour
I bought that outfit for two reasons, firstly I was looking for a dress and jacket. Secondly I wanted red, orange or pink, preferably orange or pink for a change.
Up popped this pink Colour. Dark pink, But bright, almost pillar box red. Fuschia. Warm. Lively. Happy. Attention-getting. Perfect.
The Perfect Price
So I took the risk of it being small, having to alter it, and only wearing it once,
Parigi, Petite, Small Size 10
The Parigi outftt was size ten. The other outfits were assorted sizes.
I hoped it would be larger, or larger around the upper arms. Looser. Cut larger. Or that I could let out a back of side seam.
It was way to small. I could not get it over my head.
I looked at the side seams. No allowance. Nothing to let out. No zip.
Could I cut it down the centre back? Lace it up? I hesitated to cut it, even with pinking shears. Better to research my options first. Maybe better to cut the side seams and put a piece of wide pink ribbon down each side. That meant two cuts, because the side seams were firmly sewn and could not easily be pulled apart with a seam ripper, or nail scissors.
Corsets Inserts
I researched on the internet. Corsets.
The pieces designed as inserts for wedding dresses, possibly for expanding pregnant brides. They cost more than the Parigi dress, about twenty pounds.
Besides they came in white, or black. Not red. Maybe white or black color would do?.# Not at that price.
What would be the cost of a whole corset?
Complete Corsets
I found some in three right colours, red. Or red and black. Cheaper. Cheaper still, were wide corset belts. The front of the dress was short, with straps on the shoulders
To Make Ribbon Loops For DIY Corset Closure
A video from a lady in America showed how to make a corset style using ribbon for the laces. Each little piece is easy. but to get eight pairs you need to sew 16 pieces.
I went online looking for corsets with cross over zig sag, threaded zig zag through a vertical line of small loops of long piece of ribbon you cut to the same needed length.
Tight Dress
The dress is still a tight fit. Only for a special occasion. An important occasion, a couple of hours at a cocktail party or dressy dinner, when I won't need a loose dress which stays comfortable for running around all day long.
No zip.
I measured the top of the skirt against the top of the skirt of the dress. The label said 10. Really?
I measured my waist, and the waist of the dress, and the waist of my black slip which fits me.
Hardened Elastic
Then I noticed a piece of white elastic on the top band around the waist. It was rock hard. Not stretching. On the contrary.
The stiffened elastic held the waist in tighter than the dress fabric waist, which I measured before and after I removed the elastic. Not much difference. Only a couple of inches. But just enough to give me the courage to lift the dress over my head
I was also wearing a vest. Not much difference. But enough.
The Red Parigi Dress Fits
So finally I have a wearable dress. Not a comfortable dress, but a wearable dess.
After alteration.
The Red Jacket
The red jacket had pretty vertical pleats. The waistband is wide and curved.
It was supposed to fasten with one small button covered in shiny red cloth..
But nowhere near close enough to connect the button an buttonhole.
I had in mind a solution. Button extenders
from Temu.
I looked on Ebay to see what other items they had from Parigi. Many.
Red Fascinator
Then the fancy fascinator from Marks and Spencer makes the perfect finish. The label says Autograph, one of their labels.

Comments
Post a Comment