Making And Mending Jewellery For Adults And Children, post 842

 This is the latest craze for children. Jewellery making, beads for bracelets and necklaces. Teeny beads with letters for your name. For age over three, since under threes might swallow them. But under fives are capable of threading beads onto a thick thread, and delight in choosing colours and making things, and wearing the product.

Popular as a gift in the going home bag at parties.

Don't take them to restaurants. The beads can roll all over the table and floor. When in used, best kept on a tray with sides.



I bought a big set second hand in St Luke's in Hatch End. I looked at the bracelets and necklaces supplied. Could I buy multiple bracelets or necklaces with lobster clasps to repair my jewellery?  One in each colour to match my outfits? 

What about a plain silver, gold or black choker necklaces for pendants? I found offers on Amazon and Temu. I would want a matching bracelet and necklace. You can buy single set ready made. But what about an assortment? 

When I went to look at my oddments, I found that the tiny silver or metal charms for charm bracelets had tiny metal circles, too small to slide over the ends of the bracelets and necklaces. I would need a linking metal ring, opened and closed with jewellery pliers.

What about elastic thread? That comes in two thicknesses. I had some of that. 

How do you fasten it? I asked Google's AI, called Gemini. The reply was, use special, firm knots. Then secure using jeweller's glue.

What is special about jeweller's glue? Apparently strong glues can eat into the 'plastic' stretchy elastic thread. I have put it in my baskets of both Amazon and Temu. I shall order after I have researched more.

I went back to the instructions in the jewellery set. The brand was Makeitreal. They have an app of instructions.

The instructions for fixing the thread included the option of using clear nail varnish.

Useful Websites

https://makeitrealplay.com/how-to-video/jewelry-knot

https://makeitrealplay.com/products/swift-clicks-deluxe-bracelet-studio

-ends-

Please follow my blogs on dressofthedayangela, travelwithangelalansbury, comic poems Hazel nutter, on blogspot.com Bookmark your favourite posts and share links with friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pearl brooches on hat paired with M & S sweater with pearls. Dress Post 686 by Angela Lansbury

Stripey Red & White Socks, thigh high, and tights - outfit 679 by Angela Lansbury