Riotous Red Day Dress From Temu For A Conference. Dress Of The Day 834 By Angela Lansbury.

Why Red?

Red colour is stimulating. It keeps me awake. At my conference I had late nights. Also early mornings. The writing programme started before breakfast 8 am. I had to get up at 7 am to take my pills and note the time taken, shower, and dress, and get to the venue. that left me tired. So, despite my plan to wear a variety of colours, I kept wearing the red, orange, or pink outfits.

In addition to bright colours keeping me awake, I thought I would look livelier, despite being pallid from lack of sleep. Compensation.

 Red and White Dress

Quick to pull on stretchy red and white dress. I have three similar in reds and oranges, one in turquoise.

The red jacket has no ties. Less to dangle and get in the way. I have several of these dresses from Temu. I bought them over several months in pink, red, orange, turquoise, and pale green. I waited until one came up in my size at a good price. 

I spent hours checking the style of the dress, often hard to discover, when the main picture showed the dress with the jacket on top. I wanted a full dress, albeit sleeveless, with a U shape neckline. I did not want spaghetti straps requiring a bra which would not show. Nor a backless garment which would expose me to cold air conditioning indoors and mosquitos outdoors. If you are happy with spaghetti straps and backless dresses, which require less fabric, they are available on discount more often.

Long Sleeved Jacket

I wanted a long sleeved jacket. You have more options if you are happy to accept elbow-length sleeves or short sleeves.

Brooch option

I could use a small brooch or one of those safety pin style brooches with fake pearls. You can buy them from Temu and other places in sets of several.

Navy Underskirt

The navy underskirt is cotton. The waist is drawstring. It is designed to go under a sari. I bought it in Mustapha's department store in Singapore. I have several other colours but this is the one I keep wearing. It goes with everything. 

It does not show the dirt. I am anxious not to get the hem dirty. I have similar underskirts in white and yellow and pale pink but am afraid to wear them in case I get them dirty. So they sit unworn.

Navy co-ordinates well enough with black at night. In the daytime it is slightly lighter than black so it looks less funereal.

Red Sandals

Worn with black socks.

Please share links to your favourite posts.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pearl brooches on hat paired with M & S sweater with pearls. Dress Post 686 by Angela Lansbury

Stripey Red & White Socks, thigh high, and tights - outfit 679 by Angela Lansbury

Inspection of Collection, M & S Dress poem Plus PACKING LIST, Post 739 by Angela Lansbury.